PCG Medical is excited to launch the Piper™ the Catheter coloring book, a useful educational tool for explaining to young children how the urinary tract works and the benefits of catheterization. When kids understand the process, it relieves stress and dissipates fears about using a catheter which benefits their health.
Piper™ the Catheter is intended to be a light-hearted approach to aid in the instruction that is given by your health care provider. Piper™ the Catheter is a coloring book with lots of fun activities which helps engage the kids in the learning process. Piper has received very positive feedback from the Pediatric urology providers at Children’s Hospital of New Orleans. Parents of kids who need to use catheters due to having a neurogenic bladder secondary to Spina Bifida have given positive feedback as well. One mom told us that her daughter had so much fun looking at the book that she wanted to color Piper™ the Catheter!!
Some educational highlights from Piper™ the Catheter book:
1. Piper™ explains that your body is an amazing place where lots of different parts inside of you work together as a team. These parts called muscles and organs have important jobs to do to keep your body running well. Sometimes body parts don’t work as they should and need some extra help.
2. Piper™ introduces himself and tells the kids that he is going to show them how he works and what he can do to help them.
3. Piper™ explains how your body processes water with fun pictures of Piper hugging his friends the kidneys, sliding down the ureters and pictures of a very sad looking bladder. The bladder is sad because it is in distress since it is unable to empty the urine by itself.
4. Piper™ the Catheter saves the day as a super hero who explains that he can help the bladder empty the urine and have you feeling better!!!
5. Piper™ explains the simple steps to performing catheterization with fun pictures that can be colored. The book includes activities for the kids to write in the times that they need to perform CIC.
6. Piper™ provides positive encouragement by reinforcing that self-catheterization really means freedom for you to have fun, stay dry and feel well. With patience and practice you’ll be doing it in no time!
7. Lastly, Piper™ has several fun comics, a maze to the toilet, a word game, and a water park game in which Piper needs help finding the slide that gets him closest to the restrooms.
8. PCG Medical strives to construct valuable CIC education for our pediatric catheter end users. We strongly believe that the more kids understand why they have to perform CIC the less anxious they will be; thus the more engaged and fearless they will become.
To download a FREE copy of Piper™ the Catheter right now, please click on the button below for a no cost download.
To obtain a FREE copy of Piper™ the Catheter, please complete the contact form below. This form is at www.pcgmed.com/piper-the-catheter/
Please fill out the following form and we will mail you a copy of Piper™.
Powered by Fast Secure Contact Form